Which Is Best Between Quartz Countertops vs Granite Countertops ?

Views:0     Author:Site Editor     Publish Time: 2016-01-13      Origin:Site

1-1601111I4480-L
Which Is Best Between Quartz Countertops vs Granite Countertops ?

1. Natural or Not?
 
Both countertop materials are overwhelmingly made of natural product, but one comes out slightly ahead:
Granite: 100% natural. Slab granite counters are literally sliced from quarries, cut to size, and honed down until they are smooth.
Quartz: 93% natural quartz aggregates are mixed with the remaining 7% of color pigments and polymer resins. The resins bind the particles together.
 
2. Radon
 
Radon is a radioactive gas that has been linked to lung cancer. Radon can be found in granite and quartz. Radon in countertops is a contentious issue. I argue that homeowners have little to fear about radon in counters, as it appears to have been an overwrought media scare that began around 2008.
Granite: The magazine Consumer Reports indicates that a scientist found "almost no radon" coming from the granite.
Quartz: The same publication found "very little" radon in engineered stones.
 
3. Maintenance
 
Stone, whether natural or engineered, seems like it should be maintenance-free. Not so. Both materials require maintenance, with granite requiring more than quartz:
Quartz: Quartz does not need initial or continued sealing.
Granite: Granite needs to be sealed upon installation, and then again on a regular basis.
 
4. Durability
 
Quartz: Engineered stone has the flaws engineered out. You will not find invisible striations just waiting to crack open some day, as you will find with slab granite. Due to the presence of the resins, quartz counters are less prone to staining.
Granite: Natural slab granite, for all its beauty, has flaws and imperfections that homeowners either love, accept, or hate. Granite stains if subjected to red wine.

YQ-1800 Crystal White_副本

Welcome To Visit Xiamen Yeyang Stone Groups .We are stone factories which located in stone hometown ---Xiamen & Shuitou China, and have been in stone manufacturing field for over 23 years since 1993. We are including Two Trade Company with Xiamen Yeyang Import & Export Co., Ltd. & Xiamen Yiqing Import & Export Co., Ltd. and Three Factory with FuJian YuanHong Construction Materials Co.,Ltd. JiangSu YeYang Stone Company Limited. & Shuitou YeYang granite big slabs factory.,and so on.
More Contact Details:

Our website: www.china-stone-experts.com

Our Facebook.com Company Pagehttps://www.facebook.com/yeyang.stone.manufacturers
Our Twitter.com Company Pagehttps://twitter.com/xmyeyangstone
Our Youtube.com Company Page:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc1xdoKljuLqRshFz9FCisw/feed
Our Google Blog Company Page:http://xmyeyangstone.blogspot.com/
Our Google+ 
Company Pagehttps://plus.google.com/116931347572123440060/posts
Our Pinterest.com Company Page:https://www.pinterest.com/ChinaCountertop/ 
Our Linkedin.com 
Company Page:http://www.linkedin.com/company/xiamen-yeyang-stone-factory
Our Flickr.com Company Pagehttps://www.flickr.com/photos/134866618@N07/ 
Our Tumblr.com Company Page:http://china-stone-expert.tumblr.com/
 

OUR WEBSITE:

​QUESTION? LET US HELP.

Simple choose a support option from the icons below:​
       
      

News Letter

帮助

GoogleAnalytics

Get Free Decoration Design & Latest Price & Coupon,Welcome To Login To Become Our Member