Views:1 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-11-18 Origin:Site
Bai Hua's prevention and treatment
1. The formation of Baihua (pantheline)
Bai Hua is commonly known as runny nose. As we all know, the main ingredient in cement is calcium silicate (CaSiO3), which is a weak acid and strong alkali salt. In the case of water, calcium silicate hydrolyzes and becomes alkaline, and its alkalinity is proportional to the content of CaSiO3 . In the presence of a large amount of water, the water becomes a flow carrier, and a large amount of Ca2+ and OH- penetrate the stone surface through the pores and crevices of the stone. This process is called capillary phenomenon.
According to related experiments, the capillary phenomenon can raise the salty water to more than 10cm. When the Ca2+, Na+, K+, OH- plasma reaches the stone surface, due to the evaporation of water, white powder salt crystals are formed, or it reacts with carbon dioxide in the air and crystallizes on the surface of the stone into a lime-like white hard mass. These white lumps are the white blooms formed; the powder (sometimes gray-black) is usually called efflorescence. After the formation of Baihua (Ephthylene), due to the gradual expansion of crystals, the formation of crystalline pressure will damage the surface of the stone. It will seriously affect the decorative effect of the stone surface.
2. Treatment of Baihua (Ephthophane)
Once Baihua (Efflorescence) appears, we must quickly adopt correct and effective methods to treat it in order to prevent the disease from getting worse and affecting the decorative properties of the stone. Here are a few experiences in the management of Baihua (Efflorescence):
1. First of all, it is necessary to determine whether the main cause of Baihua (efflorescence) is the water in the cement during the stone construction or the wall leakage. If it is caused by water leakage, the source of the leakage should be blocked first, and then the Baihua (efflorescence) cleaning work should be carried out.
2. Baihua (pantheine) can be treated with Baihua scavenger. Baihua remover has a corrosive effect on the surface of marble, so special attention should be paid when using it.
3. Before processing the Baihua of the smooth stone, you can use a marble spatula to clean the heavy part, and then use the Baihua remover to process; the surface of the rough stone is difficult to clean due to unevenness, so it is recommended to paint it well. After the Hua scavenger, be sure to let it fully react (the potion turns from colorless to green), and then use a steel wire brush to scrub it. If one time is not enough, you can repeat it several times until it is completely cleaned up; for efflorescence treatment, you can directly apply the Baihua remover for treatment.
4. After cleaning the white hua (pan-alkali) on the stone, apply high-quality curing agent to waterproof the surface and crevices of the stone, and then seal all crevices with waterproof caulking agent.
3. Bai Hua's prevention
In view of the extremely regular conditions and processes for the production of Baihua (Efflorescence) in stone, we believe that prevention from the following aspects has a better effect:
1. Before the construction of the stone, it should be treated with high-quality curing agent on six sides.
2. Try to use low-alkali cement for construction.
3. Minimize the water content in the cement. It is recommended to add a water reducing agent to the cement to achieve the purpose of water reduction.
4. It is recommended to add waterproof additives to cement to achieve the purpose of cement waterproofing.
5. After the stone is installed, all gaps should be sealed with a caulking agent as soon as possible.
6. Do a good job of waterproofing the wall.